Please sign in or register   

Keyword Research: Tutorial

Started by nshs, 21 November 2012 21:32

9 posts

nshs    

Students

210 posts

Well I haven't actually been diligent with an affiliate program to follow through with the whole thing, keyword research is the first step and I have been though it many times.

Keyword research is the first and most crucial step to making sales and converting a sale.

Unlike most think keyword research is not something as easy as finding a word with high search volume with little competition, you need the buyer intent behind the keywords for them to be successful. Think quality not quantity. That being said, a keyword under a search volume of 200 is usually not worth going after.

How do I gauge buyer intent?
Gauging buyer intent is simple once we look at the different types of keywords. There are 4 of them:

The first type of keyword is a crisis keyword. These people have a problem they want solved and they will do anything to solve it, now. Very high buyer intent. Very high converting. An example of these keywords would be "stop dog biting" or "help calm child."

The second is a product/author name keyword. These have a high buyer intent for the simple fact they are looking for more info about the product and/or creator of the product. Examples of this keyword would be "Pmemory" "phenomenal memory course" "Ruslan Mescerjakov" or any variation.

The third type is a buy/review keyword. These have the highest buyer intent of all. Usually these are coupled in with product or author name keywords such as "Buy [product name here]" Or "Buy [author name here]" Not always. For example, If phenomenal memory is your niche then something like "buy memory course" or "memory course review" would work too. These are the only keywords going for a under 200 search volume is worth it because THESE PEOPLE ARE ACTIVELY LOOKING TO BUY NOW!

Lastly we have how to keywords. This is a medium buyer intent, medium converting keyword. You have people actively looking for a solution; however, it's usually not a crisis. Still good to go after. An example of this type of keyword is something along the lines of "How to teach my dog sit" or "How to yoyo"

Finding Keywords

Finding keywords is really easy and I have some really good tools to help you guys. First we want to use an awesome technique called the sales page technique. We essentially want to go on a sales page and find every keyword we can pull out of the sales page. If it is a highly converting sales page, that's better because they know the right words to trigger buyer reflexes.

If we looked on a pregnancy product we can see things such as "low sperm count" "infertility" and so on keep pulling out words like that on the sales page. Those will convert well and have high buyer intent because the people made the sales page to have the solutions people are looking for.

Another method is using the Google Alphabet Soup technique. So if we went to Google and typed a keyword idea + a it would give us tons of other ideas an example of this would be here:

See all of those fresh keyword idea's you get now. If that wasn't good enough there is a site that does this for you so you you don't have to type in all the letters and write it down. It's ubersuggest.org go over there and type in your keyword and let it do its magic! Then select all keywords, click get and copy all of those keywords, we're going to need them.

Next we will go to the google keyword tool found here: https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool

Copy 100 of your keywords into the tool (guesstimate it,) enter the capatcha, and let the Google bring up its results.

Make sure exact match is selected only (marked) it should look like this:

Get all keywords with over 200 monthly global searches. Copy them and the keywords into a spreadsheet with the search volume so you know. USUALLY, the really high ones won't matter because you have no chance, but do it anyway.

Download this awesome 100% free resource: traffictravis.com THIS THING IS AWESOME! The payed one is not worth it because you get to do so much with the free one. It can save you time, but I advise against it.

Once it is downloaded go to the SEO tab and the competition sub-tab. Copy your first 5 of your selected keywords and hit "fetch" The software will gather info about the keywords and rank them. It should look like this:

As you can see it marks keywords according to difficulty levels but it is not always 100%. You always want to go for the keywords that are easy/relatively easy. It is safe 80% of the time. Use the guidelines in this article towards the end with the software to make that closer to 100% safe: http://howtostartbloggingtips.com/how-to-keyword-research-using-traffic-travis-how-do-i-find-keywords/

After you do this, all that is left to do is sort your keywords by which has the least amount of back-links and create articles and promote Pmemory! Keep your eyes peeled for a content creation guide and a site set up guide once I memorize stuff, do it myself, and test it!

This should give you a good base on keyword research. I found other techniques/methods I liked too and this is a  rough draft that I was in the mood to write and will be improved later. If parts are unclear it will most likely be fixed but leave a comment and let me know what needs to be clearer too.

D2650*65*infinity    

Graduated Students

583 posts

Wonderful Tutorial!!

can I have that wallet at the top of this post?

nshs    

Students

210 posts

TeenGenius 21 November 2012 21:38 said:

can I have that wallet at the top of this post?

Sure, that's just where I keep my spare change.

avanesso    

60 days challenge

67 posts

Quality thread nshs, a beginners guide for SEO marketing Well
any tips on how to follow it up to the conversion level? Well

Boss    

Students

113 posts

avanesso 22 November 2012 14:06 said:

Quality thread nshs, a beginners guide for SEO marketing Well
any tips on how to follow it up to the conversion level? Well

That is what I was looking for as well Very we!

nshs    

Students

210 posts

Hey guys.

I didn't but am working on making my own product and trying to incorporate a lot of psychology into the sales copy to get high conversions. I have not launched it but it looks VERY promising. Will write what I know about conversion soon.

I actually do know a lot about converting TO a sales page. For example, everyone that clicks to my review page for Pmemory always clicks through to the Pmemory site. I'd say 75%-100%. Yet I don't think the Pmemory sales copy is very high converting so there is still no sales.

I wish I could sell it to them through my site. I bet you I would have made a few sales by now.

Please do not steal my review page, I will put it here:

http://live-development.com/

There is actually a lot going on in there what makes it so successful. The layout, the words, the comforting factors that are subtle, etc.. try and break it down.

My main problem is driving traffic to that site through article marketing because I made a mistake and didn't target any good keywords. That's the only thing I would change.

Here is something I wrote about in writing a product review somewhere else:

http://www.streetarticles.com/internet-marketing/how-to-write-a-product-review-for-maximum-conversion

D2650*65*infinity    

Graduated Students

583 posts

nshs 06 January 2013 22:48 said:

Hey guys.
I didnt but am working on making my own product and trying to incorporate a lot of psychology into the sales copy to get high conversions. I have not launched it but it looks VERY promising. Will write what I know about conversion soon.
I actually do know a lot about converting TO a sales page. For example, everyone that clicks to my review page for Pmemory always clicks through to the Pmemory site. Id say 75%-100%. Yet I dont think the Pmemory sales copy is very high converting so there is still no sales.
I wish I could sell it to them through my site. I bet you I would have made a few sales by now.
Please do not steal my review page, I will put it here:
http://live-development.com/
There is actually a lot going on in there what makes it so successful. The layout, the words, the comforting factors that are subtle, etc.. try and break it down.
My main problem is driving traffic to that site through article marketing because I made a mistake and didnt target any good keywords. Thats the only thing I would change.
Here is something I wrote about in writing a product review somewhere else:
http://www.streetarticles.com/internet-marketing/how-to-write-a-product-review-for-maximum-conversion

Very exciting!
I think you are very correct, I have gone through some forums and many persons are detested by the salespage of pmemory

Smart individuals will not readily fall for it..thats what they claim.

I think this website looks more pro www.geniusintelligence.com
This guys have a lot of subscribers and a quality marketing team..They also do JVs..maybe pmemory should approach them

siva11    

Members

8 posts

I tried it .. thank you so munch for sharing information. It helps me a lot for analysis Well

roberttrotter    

Members

4 posts

Very interesting! Thanks for share information

Please sign in or register
In this topic 0 users online, 0 guests, 0 members (in the past 15 minutes):